ICsense develops high-yield, high-performance and low-power ASICs for the consumer market and IoT (Internet-of-Things) segment. Key parameters are cost, time and size of the end product. From the definition phase on, ICsense focusses on reducing the BOM and optimising the ASIC architecture for minimal silicon area.
Through its unique risk mitigating design methodology (EDA environment) and by re-using proven topologies, ICsense can guarantee a functional ASIC already after the first run. This shortens the time-to-market substantially.
Our approach in consumer ASIC applications
- System level optimisation and Verilog-AMS modelling
- In-house knowledge on various sensor types (pressure, gas, flow, inductive, etc)
- Over 10 years expertise in complex MEMS interfacing (read more)
- Support of all common digital interfaces (I2C, SPI, …)
- Flash/ EEPROM / MCU integration for maximal flexibility
- Test time optimisation and test platform selection for lowest unit cost
- HV MEMS digital speaker
- 3-axis magnetic compass
- MEMS gyroscope
- Lightning, LED controllers
- Accelerometer interface
- Hall sensor interface
- 40W PoEPD
- SMPS controller
- DC-DC converters
- Class D audio drivers
- Frac-N synthesizers
- Low ppm X-less oscillators
- MOX Gas sensor
- FET drivers
The SIMO DC-DC converter offers a high-efficient power conversion in combination with a low BOM/cost. It is part of a power amplifier (PA) envelope tracking system for use in battery-operated mobile devices.
This ASIC provides simultaneously multiple outputs above and below the input voltage.
- Single battery input voltage
- Single external inductor
- Multiple supply voltages
- Lower BOM : only one inductor
- High power conversion efficiency
- Outputs regulated independently
- Buck and / or boost outputs
- Temperature : -40°C to 85°C
- 0.18um BCD
The ASIC contains a Power over Ethernet Powered Device (PoE-PD) and a flexible and configurable DC-DC controller. This integrated current mode DC-DC controller facilitates isolated and non-isolated fly-back, forward and buck converter topologies.
It has all the features necessary for a flexible, robust and highly efficient design including programmable switching frequency, duty cycle up to 80 percent, slope compensation, and soft start-up. The datasheet can be downloaded here: NCP1083-D.
- PoE-PD supporting IEEE802.3af and IEEE802.3at standards
- PWM DC-DC controller for flyback, buck and forward converters
- Auxiliary Supply Support
- Current slope compensation circuit
- Over-temperature protection and programmable UVL (under voltage lockout)
- Component part number NCP1083
- 4kV HBM ESD
- Temperature range -40°C to 85°C
- 0.35um BCD technology with HV extension (I3T80)
This magnetic compass ASIC measures the earth magnetic field through an on-chip Hall sensor (Z) and 2 flipcore sensors (X – Y).
The ASIC exhibits a state-of-the-art combination of accuracy, low power consumption and low area/cost. The ASIC in integrated in popular smartphones.
- 3 signal condition chains of over 12 bit overall accuracy
- Low power consumption with programmable accuracies
- RMS noise of less than 0.5uTrms for less than 1mA
- SPI, I2C and data processing on-board
- Wide supply range 1.6 to 3.6V
- Extremely small area
- -40 to 85°C
- 0.18um CMOS technology
This ASIC is the core of the gyroscope-based stabilisation in the Segway. The ASIC interfaces directly with the vibrating ring MEMS gyroscope and contains both the high-voltage, high-accuracy driving chain as the low-noise angle detection circuitry.
The high-voltage driving chain is based on a temperature stable, mHz accuracy tuning system. The low-noise angle detection is integrated with high-end switched capacitor techniques to achieve low-noise and ultra-low-power operation. It has been successfully brought into volume production.
- 8-bit tunable VCO with fast tracking
- HV MEMS driver chain
- Sub-Hz accuracy (DAC resolution 0.171 Hz / LSB)
- Self-protecting H-bridge drivers
- +12-bit accuracy
- High-accuracy angle detection circuits
- Switched capacitor bandpass filter and amplifiers
- +12-bit accuracy
- Temperature range: -40°C to 125°C
- 0.35um BCD CMOS
The ASIC interfaces with the newest generation of MOX (Metal OXide) gas sensors to measure VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds). It contains analog heater drivers, a high-precision readout chain and an embedded MSP430 microcontroller core.
The ASIC is designed towards low area and ultra-low-power consumption targeted to the mobile phone market.
- Fast analog drivers to heat the MOX material to up to 400°C
- High-precision resistance measurement to detect gas concentrations
- Time-multiplexing to minimise silicon area
- 12-bit ADC
- MSP430 core for increased system flexibility
- 32 kByte Flash, 4 kByte SRAM, 512 Byte Rom
- User-controllable timers and GPIO
- I2C interface, 400kHz
- Log2/Exp2 for fast calculations
- Deep Sleep mode counter for ultra-low-power consumption
- Temperature ranges: -40°C – 100°C
- 0.18um CMOS (with embedded Flash)
This ASIC drives a digital MEMS speaker which produces sound by moving 1024 pixels. The High-voltage driver ASIC main goal is to generate the high voltage supply levels and to drive the individual rows and columns of the MEMS device.
The ASIC is co-packaged together with the 8mmx8mm MEMS element and protected by a coating to prevent intrusion of dust particles. The ASIC contains 2 independent DC-DC converters to upconvert a low-voltage battery supply to the required actuation voltage. The driving supply levels go up to 90V and are individually programmable with 1V steps. The ASIC contains an integrated temperature sensor, PoR (Power On Reset) and various test features (short detect, pixel test).
- 2 high-efficient on-chip DC-DC converters (2.9V to 90V)
- Individually programmable outputs with 1V steps
- Multiple HV supply domains
- Close co-operation MEMS/ASIC integration
- HV switch matrix, 64 columns and 32 rows
- Capacitive loads, peaks upto 1.7A
- Integrated SPI module
- 64bit NVM OTP to store calibration parameters
- Temperature range: -40°C – 125°C
- 0.35um 120V BCD process