The ASIC interfaces with the newest generation of MOX (Metal OXide) gas sensors to measure VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds). It contains analog heater drivers, a high-precision readout chain and an embedded MSP430 microcontroller core. The ASIC is designed towards low area and ultra-low-power consumption targeted to the mobile phone market.
- Fast analog drivers to heat the MOX material to up to 400°C
- High-precision resistance measurement to detect gas concentrations
- Time-multiplexing to minimise silicon area
- 12-bit ADC
- MSP430 core for increased system flexibility
- 32 kByte Flash, 4 kByte SRAM, 512 Byte Rom
- User-controllable timers and GPIO
- I2C interface, 400kHz
- Log2/Exp2 for fast calculations
- Deep Sleep mode counter for ultra-low-power consumption
- Temperature ranges: -40°C – 100°C
- 0.18um CMOS (with embedded Flash)
Want to develop your own ASIC ?