This mixed-signal ASIC is interfaced to a PZT transducer array composing a state-of-the art ultrasonic TX/RX system for medical imaging applications. Individual elements are grouped by Sub-aperture (SAP) groups, each containing over 20 transducer elements.
- Application: Ultrasonic imaging of soft tissue
- RX/TX analog interface and configuration of piezo-electrical transducer array
- TX: 2..60Vpp, 10 mA, operating frequency 4.5MHz
- RX: 500mVpp, 32uApp
- >2000 PZT transducer elements, directly interfaced to die
- On-board waveform generator to parametrise all TX signals
- Integrated HV / LV protection switches (TX vs. RX mode)
- Analog RX interface with transconductance pre-amplifier + balanced mixer
- Per element / group configuration via LVDS interface:
- RX phase / TX delay setup
- Delay and phase computation
- Waveform generation
Want to develop your own ASIC ?