This high-voltage ASIC drives the solenoid coil of a fuel injection unit found in modern car engines. The fuel injection unit requires both timing and voltage programmability to optimally control the combustion process of the engine. The ASIC contains over-current and over-temperature protection and reliable-injector diagnosis (valid bit). It is designed in an OnSemi I2T100 technology qualified for automotive applications.
- Voltage 65V boosted
- Currents of up to 25A (offchip driver) with 0.5% precision
- Timing of 126usec to 2000usec with 0.5% precision
- Power supply system, diagnosis and protection features
- I2T100 technology (0.7um CMOS with HV extensions)
- Temperature range of -40°C to 125°C