Screen based human-machine interfaces require a feedback to the user. Haptic touch feedback is a popular way to accomplish this. This mixed-signal ASIC generates high-voltage pulses to drive/sense the piezo elements that create the feeling of touch. It can be used in an automotive environment.
- Application: Replacement of mechanical buttons, touch control interfaces, …
- Control and generation of high-voltage piezo drivers
- Fast settling boost DCDC converter: 1.8-5.5/12V supply to 0-to-200V haptic pulse
- Voltage rise time below 500ns
- Low frequent signals (below 250Hz)
- Digital control of voltage booster and analog feedback
- Well controlled/soft start, voltage regulation, controlled shut-down
- High-voltage switches
- Sense and preconditioning of piezo elements: low-level signal preconditioning incl. low-pass anti-alias filter, attenuation and wake-up detection
- On-chip protection against ESD, over-current, over/under-voltage, over-temperature
- 0.5 SOI technology
Want to develop your own ASIC ?