This ASIC is part of safety and surveillance systems, ADAS (Advanced driver-assistance systems) and gesture recognition applications. It uses a laser-pulsed oF (Time-of-Flight) detection principle to calculate the distance to objects using a state-of-the-art 16-bit resolution TDC (Time-to-Digital Convertor). The design is tailored towards functional safety SIL-2.
- Application: Safety & surveillance, ADAS & autonomous vehicles, gesture recognition
- Photodetector connected to highly-sensitive and wide bandwidth receiver channel:
- High-speed transimpedance amplifier
- Input signal with wide dynamic range: 1uA – 500mA
- Post-amplifier stage with selectable gain setting
- Time-to-digital-converter with ps resolution (1cm = ~66ps):
- 16-bit TDC with 10ps resolution
- Built-in self test sequencer & integrity check during operation
- 50MHz SPI interface
- IEC61508 functional safety SIL-2 compliant
- QFN32-5×5 package, 0.18um CMOS technology
Want to develop your own ASIC ?