This mixed-signal ASIC is the core part of an electronic module performing actuation and detection of US (UltraSound) waves. A TDC (Time-to-Digital Converter) measures the time travelled through the medium which is in direct relation to the flow speed and direction of the medium. The end product focusses on achieving low-cost while meeting the industry standards in flow metering.
- Time-of-flight based flow converter using ultrasonic piezo transducer elements & temperature sensor
- US piezo transducer driver: voltage controlled, square wave signal generator (DAC + buffer)
- US piezo transducer + temperature sensor read-out chain:
- Highly-accurate signal amplitude tracking: PGA + 16-bit ADC at 10MSps
- First wave + detection up to 3 echo signals
- Time-to-Digital-Converter (TDC)
- AFE (Analog Front-End) for PT100/PT1000 Temperature sensor
- Dedicated on-chip DSP:
- Waveform generation for transducer elements
- Advanced filtering techniques: Hilbert + I/Q demodulations, CORDIC
- On-chip 32-bit microcontroller for increased flexibility
- SPI, UART interface
Want to develop your own ASIC ?