To drive the solenoid coil of a fuel injection unit found in modern car engines, we designed a high-voltage ASIC. The fuel injection unit needs both timing and voltage programmability to optimally control the combustion process of the engine. The ASIC contains over-current and over-temperature protection and reliable-injector diagnosis (valid bit). It is designed in an OnSemi I2T100 technology qualified for automotive applications.
- Voltage 65V boosted
- Currents of up to 25A (offchip driver) with 0.5% precision
- Timing of 126usec to 2000usec with 0.5% precision
- Power supply system, diagnosis and protection features
- I2T100 technology (0.7um CMOS with HV extensions)
- Temperature range of -40°C to 125°C