ICsense designed an ASIC to measure the speed and direction of rotating shafts in cars, engines, … . The ASIC was co-integrated with a GMR (giant magnetoresistant) sensor on a single die. The sensor measures the subtle differences in an applied static magnetic field. The readout ASIC for the GMR sensor includes digital processing. To enable a seamless co-simulation of the system, our engineers modeled the GMR sensor in VHDL-AMS. The ASIC can operate in peak conditions of up to 200°C and was manufactured in a 0.65um BiCMOS process qualified for automotive environments.
- GMR (giant magnetoresistant) sensor readout ASIC
- Digital processing included
- Ultralow power, Vdd is 2.5V
- 12-bit accuracy
- VHDL-AMS model of the sensor
- 0.65um BiCMOS technology
- Temperature range -40°C to 200°C